Emergence of the Inner Shaman – An Introductory Experiential Day
This introductory day is a precursor to our accredited shamanic self-development & practitioner courses. 7 CPD Points
- Understand more about Shamanism, its similarities and differences to religion & psychotherapy
- Experience the opening of sacred space and the 8 directions
- Connect to your inner knowing and wisdom through guided meditations
- Connect to yourself and others from the heart 💗
- Create, understand and befriend your tree of life 🌳
- Learn about your Chakra System
- Learn how energy works therapeutically
- Meet your spirit guides & power animals
- Learn how to cleanse yourself and your surroundings using Earth, Wind, Fire & Water 🌎💨🔥🌊
- Connect compassionately to your wounds and gifts through therapeutic journeying
- Start to build your own shamanic self-care and therapeutic tool kit
- Understand how you as a psychotherapist, holistic therapist, and layperson can use shamanism therapeutically
- The cost for this workshop is €130 (including light refreshments)
Journey to Becoming the Shaman – 4 Residential Experiential Weekends
Experience the shadow and bring it to light. Those who have have completed the Introductory Day can join together for The 4 Residential Experiential Weekends Course which run in line with the Celtic Calendar in a location near Dublin. The next course will begin in November 2022.
- Learn about the Medicine Wheel
- Welcoming in the eight directions
- Casting our Circle
- Build your own daily ritual
- Create & work with your own therapeutic medicine bag / mesa
- Connect with Spirit & your guides
- Receive a version of the Munay Ki Rites and teachings
- Learn how to hold sacred space for others
- Partake in deep group healing journeys and expereintial exercises
- Learn how you as a psychotherapist, holistic therapist, and layperson can use shamanism therapeutically
- The cost for this course is €2,100. Early bird rates and payment plans available. Please note that this price includes residential accommodation and meals for all 4 weekends and all materials.
Embodying the Shaman – 4 Residential Experiential Weekends
Experience the light and and share it with others. To join this course, one must have complete the “Journey to Becoming the Shaman” course”. This course will be run over 4 Residential Weekends in 2023 that align with the Celtic calendar in a location near Dublin.
- Learn the following Shamanic Healing & Therapeutic Techniques:
- Shamanic Extraction – Removal of unwanted energies
- Shamanic Soul Retrieval – returning soul loss
- Shamanic Death Rites
- Case Study work for accreditation (optional)
- Certification at completion of each module so you can start using each technique.
- The cost for this course is €2,300. Early bird rates and payment plans available. Please note that this price includes residential accommodation and meals for all 4 weekend and working materials.
Passing on the Wisdom Apprenticeship – 4 Residential Experiential Weekends
Shining your light for others. To join this course, one must have complete the “Journey to Becoming the Shaman” course and the “Embodying the Shaman” course. This course will be run over 4 Residential Weekends in 2024 that align with the Celtic calendar in a location near Dublin.
- Join our team and become a teacher & facilitator
- An apprenticeship model for suitable applicants
- Learn to facilitate a group
- Hands on experience with guidance
- Learn & Offer versions of the Munay Ki Rites
- Learn how to hold sacred space for a group
- How you as a psychotherapist, holistic therapist, and layperson can go onto teach and empower others
- The cost for this course is €2,500. Early bird rates and payment plans available. Please note that this price includes residential accommodation and meals for all 4 weekends.
We offer supervision for shamanic therapists, energy workers and other holistic and somatic practitioners. Bring challenges in your work, self reflection and practice issues for discussion. Recieve self and practice development guidance and support.
Membership & Directory
We offer memberships to The Shamanic and Psychotherapeutic Academy to graduates of our courses. This will comprise of support, follow up learning, outings, continued professional development, and business set up & directory listing.
We will be offering tailored master classes to deal with mental health and psychological issues that your clients may present from a shamanic perspective. These classes can also be attended for personal development. Some classes will be run in person and others online.
Rite of Passage: Shamanic Experiential Courses for Children & Teenagers
Run by experienced psychotherapists & shamanic practitioners, we will be organizing one day workshops for children & teenagers during the school holidays. Encompassing artwork, strategies for releasing worries and fears, setting boundaries, improving mental health, and building self confidence all through conversation, shamanic rituals and rites of passage.
International Shamanic Tours
We will be organizing our first international shamanic retreat to Mongolia in 2023. This 14 day tour will be the trip of a lifetime with horseback riding, local cuisine, and Mongolian yurt accommodation. Observe and participate in sacred ceremony with local shamans. Plenty of fun, shaking, rattling & rolling. Do let us know if you are interested.
Shamanic Retreats Abroad
We are in the process of planning some exciting retreats abroad that will incorporate yoga, meditation, holistic therapies, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, shamanic ceremonies & rituals. Details TBA.
“On Saturday I attended the Shamanic introductory day with Geraldine and Gerry, what a phenomenal experience. Geraldine and Gerry are knowledgeable, wise, approachable and warm hearted. If was easy to see the passion they share for the work they do. I would highly recommend this days workshop it’s truly inspirational.
“I am working as a Psychotherapist and I have engaged in many forms of healing and personal growth both prior to and since graduating as a therapist. I choose to attend Gerry for shamanic and psychotherapeutic healing. Having immersed myself in this shamanic work, I underwent radical change. My experience of the shamanic and psychotherapy journey was what I can only describe as transcendental in that I felt held by a beautiful presence which enabled me to reconnect in gentle but healing ways to memories, experience and traumas long since buried from childhood and by revisiting but not reliving the pains of my past, I was able to deeply reconnect to the hurt parts within my body which I held but had not released. By contacting and releasing those old wounds I was enabled through this beautiful process to reclaim those lost childhood parts of myself and reintegrate them to make me feel more whole once more. It was a totally cathartic experience and one I would totally recommend.”
“I went to see Gerry in the clinic as I was still grieving the loss of my new husband who died suddenly whilst we were on holiday many years earlier. I had been to grief therapy, and it helped but I still felt numb and lost in myself. Prior to going for the shamanic healing, my body always felt heavy, I was depressed and cried quite a lot. I was quite critical of myself and cold towards others for not being over the death of my husband. I felt guilty for moving on in my life and could not make sustainable connections in my relationships.“
“The breakthrough for me was when I took a therapeutic journey to meet my younger self. I became aware that when my husband died, I did not have the time to grieve. I was frantically rushing around calling the ambulance, the emergency services, I called my husband’s family, my own family and still had to care for my two young children. As I engaged deeper in the shamanic journey, I recognized that experience of numbness was the bodies way to cope with the shock of this trauma and I went into automatic pilot. However, it came at a cost because the very thing that made me, me, my very essence, had left me too and did not return right up to the day I went for the healing.“
“In the healing, I was taken on a shamanic visualization were I could connect with and say goodbye to my husband, the love of my life. In return, I was enabled to connect with and have compassion for my younger self. As I engaged in this process, I experienced a concern and a kindness towards her, for what she went through alone. For me, this healing work was more than therapy. It gave me my life back because I was finally able retrieve that stuck, numb part of me still living in that hotel room, still stuck in that experience. Furthermore, I was able to see the real deep love I had for my husband and the compassion I could show for myself. My life is on an upward curve now, and because I like myself more, I think others like me more too.”